Saturday, April 26, 2008

The NFL Draft - A day off from school for me

Just a quick note about college basketball...ESPN is reporting that longtime Duke assistant basketball coach Johnny Dawkins has accepted the job to be the next head basketball coach at Stanford...

We are about an hour from the start of the Annual NFL League Meeting...or whatever is the official title of The Draft...

My best draft day memory is when I was in high school...back in those days, the draft was held at 8:00 a.m. on a Tuesday...my mom knew I was all into the draft and followed it closely, so she would always let me stay home from school and watch it...every hour or so I would get calls from my friends, and even teachers, Mr. Ryan and Mr. Barber, asking what was the latest...everyone in the school knew I was at home watching the draft...she would get me the morning newspapers and a bacon-egg biscuit with the hash rounds from Hardees...then it was TV time for the rest of the day...all I have to say - THANKS MOM!!!...

Chris Berman will be getting on my nerves within the first hour...

I love Mel...Kiper is the epitome of the American Dream...just a Joe Average fella who worked hard and became a success...

I hope ESPN cuts Ryan Leaf some slack this year...sure Leaf was an arrogant ass who was one of the biggest flops ever in the NFL...but everything I have read about Leaf recently seems as though he has his life on track and he is a productive person in society...he enjoys working as an assistant football coach for some small college up in Montana or Idaho...sometimes they make it like Leaf killed someone...\

Remember when Dr. Z would be on ESPN's coverage?....

No comments: