Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NBA Draft and Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Would you make this trade?...

As the NBA Draft nears, the talk around the league, for some time now, is that Miami trading the second overall pick and Dwayne Wade to Chicago for the first overall pick and two other players (more than likely Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon or Luol Deng)...Heat G.M. Pat Riley is supposedly hot-to-trot for Memphis point guard Derrick Rose...if he stays at the 2 spot, Riley will be forced to take Michael Beasley from Kansas State...

My thoughts - The Bulls would be crazy not to make this move...Wade, who is also a native of Chicago, is an All-Star caliber player...plus they would still get the second overall pick in Michael Beasley who will be a stud scorer and rebounder in the NBA...the Heat would have Rose and Shawn Marion to build around....personally, if I was Riley, I would stay at number 2, take Beasley, then have a lineup of Wade, Beasley, and Marion....

Your thoughts?...

Other tidbit
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame" is 100 years old this year...Andrew Druckenbrod of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a nice article about this history of this great song...

  • Andrew Druckenbrod

  • Here are the words
    'Take Me Out to the Ball Game'
    Verse:
    Katie Casey was baseball mad
    Had the fever and had it bad.
    Just to root for the hometown crew
    Ev'ry sou Katie blew.


    On a Saturday, her young beau
    Called to see if she'd like to go
    To see a show, but Miss Kate said,
    "No, I'll tell you what you can do."


    Chorus: Take me out to the ball game,
    Take me out with the crowd.
    Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
    I don't care if I ever get back.
    Let me root, root, root for the home team,
    If they don't win it's a shame.
    For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
    At the old ball game

    No comments: