Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Bracket

I have done my studying, my analyzing, and my reviewing....and I say. "Screw Off Joe Lunardi, my bracket is just as good as yours, Mr. Bracketology!!!!"....here we go...

East Region
First/Second Round Thoughts - Watch Indiana...the talent is there for them to beat Arkansas and North Carolina...but will the players finally get over Kelvin Sampson?...St. Joe's over Oklahoma in the first round...

Sweet 16 Games
North Carolina over Washington State - UNC has an easy win here...
Tennessee over Louisville - this will be the best game of the entire tournament...

Elite Eight
Tennessee over North Carolina - Carolina will be a fierce team to beat...Hansbrough will play possessed, but the Vols have speed...

Midwest Region
First/Second Round Thoughts - Remember the name Wink Adams from UNLV...I watched him torch BYU in the Mountain West title game...Davidson should beat Gonzaga...then I see Davidson having Georgetown beat in the second round, only to choke at the end and lose by 1-3 points...

Sweet 16 Games
Kansas over Clemson - Clemson is a rugged bunch, but they are awful at the free throw line...
Georgetown over Wisconsin - Wisconsin plays solid basketball but Georgetown has more speed...

Elite Eight
Georgetown over Kansas - Bill Self will not be able to get the monkey off his back of getting the Jayhawks to the Final Four...

South Region
First/Second Round Thoughts - there is the dreaded 5-12 matchup...I see Temple dumping Michigan State...the Spartans have not impressed me this year...I also have St. Mary's over The U...

Sweet 16 Games
Memphis over Pitt - I love Pitt, but I feel Memphis is destined for San Antonio...
Stanford over Texas - the Lopez twins are too much to handle...

Elite Eight
Memphis over Stanford - Memphis is destined to make the Final Four...

West Region
First/Second Round Thoughts - I see Drake having a difficult time with Western Kentucky but then beating U.Conn easily in round two...Georgia was a nice story last week, but Xavier ends that lovefest...

Sweet 16 Games
UCLA over Drake - Drake will give the Bruins a good game, but UCLA is too powerful...
Xavier over Duke - Duke is over-rated!!!...Xavier controls the game and wins...

Elite Eight
UCLA over Xavier - Xavier is a veteran club who will make a good run...but I love Love and Collison...

Final Four
Tennessee over Georgetown - Hibbard flops again in the Final Four...
UCLA over Memphis - the poor free throw shooting finally catches up with the Tigers...

NCAA Title Game
Tennessee over UCLA - honestly, I do like UCLA to win it all, but I said back in November that Tennessee was going to win the title....so I am not going to back off that prediction....

1 comment:

twins15 said...

Tennessee/UCLA would be an interesting battle between the contrasting styles... go Bruins!