Sunday, May 20, 2007

A few quick hits

Before I begin, I want to let my readers know there is a possibility that Stiles Points may not be out on a regular basis for the next week because I just got a new Dell Computer and I have to iron out all the wrinkles in the system…..basically, I hate dealing with new technology….since getting the computer on Friday, I have wasted at least 5 plus hours trying to get my internet to work, hooking up my printer, and trying to transfer my 700 Itunes files…..so in other words, I have been in a pissed off mood the last few days….also, I hate this new keyboard....

Jockey Calvin Borel seems like a pretty nice guy….he seems humble and appreciative after winning the Kentucky Derby on Street Sense two weeks ago….but will someone please tell me how he got a babe of a fiance?....

I wish people would stop whining about San Antonio’s series victory over Phoenix….some are questioning that victory after the league suspended two of the Suns best players for game 5…..Stoudemire and Diaw knew the rules about leaving the bench during a fight on the court….should the rule be reviewed and tinkering with – YES…..but I support commissioner David Stern’s ruling…..plus, the Suns blew a 16 point lead in game 5, so they should not be complaining about the league ruling…..

What about Cleveland Indians pitcher Fausto Carmona (photo)…..some of you are probably saying Fausto what?.....Carmona is the hottest pitcher in the league and as long as he keeps rolling along, the Indians will be the team to beat in the A.L. Central….

The New York Yankees are having a difficult time keeping starting pitchers healthy…..and when they do have a steady pitcher on the mound, like Andy Pettitte, the offense provides no run support…..personally, Roger Clemens is not going to make a difference for this MASH unit of a staff……

2 comments:

TJX said...

Rstiles, I said it on complete sports, and I'll say it again, what are you supposed to know when your teammate (and maybe a friend), gets clocked?

grittysquirrels said...

Carmona really is the real deal in my opinion. I've got to watch him a bit thus fan and I've been quite impressed.