Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pre-Draft Thoughts - Atlanta Falcons

I already went to the gym and worked out on the weights and stairmaster for an hour...just finished my pregame meal of Uncle Nick's Greek Fried Chicken, a salad. and a baked potato (need the carbs for the big day)...took the dog for a walk...and now its time for the Draft pregame...

While finishing my meal, I was pondering the Atlanta Falcons pick at number three...I believe they will take Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan...however, all indications from the national circuit speculate the Falcons are going with Glenn Dorsey, the big D-tackle from LSU...

I have nothing against Dorsey...I think he will be a solid pro...but how can the Falcons pass up the best quarterback in the draft when they ahve bums like Joey Harrington and Chris Redman at the helm...

If the Falcons do indeed take Dorsey, that will drop Ryan to the Chiefs at the four spot...earlier this week I had the Chiefs taking offensive lineman Ryan Clady from Boise State...the Chiefs desperately need O-line help...but after trading Jared Allen to Minnesota for the Vikings #16 pick, the Chiefs now have some options...

And I believe if Ryan is there at #4, the Chiefs will select him...K.C. has Brodie Croyle who is nothing more than a second string NFL quarterback and Damon Huard who is like 40-years-old...the Chiefs cannot pass up Ryan at #4...they will then address their O-line needs at #16...

At #16, the Chiefs can possibly get Jeff Otah from Pitt or Gosder Cherilus from Boston College...there is even a chance Branden Albert from Virginia can slide to them...

No comments: